Thursday, June 16, 2005

trains and trains and trains

we found a fantastic internet cafe. and we're now in a somewhat normal hotel...but I didn't mind the bed and breakfast. the lady who ran it was really nice. the morning was spent partly figuring out the trains. we were never lost, or in the wrong place, it just took a little bit getting used to it. we went to the Deutsches Museum after checking into the hotel. We started out looking at the mechanical power section and then moved to aeronautics, the einstein exhibit, physics, and the "math closet". the physics section was not cool. well I guess it was, but there was sooo much more they could have done with it. they just left it at a level that made it seem more like they were trying to show optical illusions. the math closet was basically a couple rooms with geometry toys and puzzles. it was kind of fun...like being back in high school in Mrs. Flornoy's class doing those puzzle things.... they had two entire floors of Astronomy! and we would have gone to the Planetarium too, but it was entirely in German...what's up with that?

We walked around Marienplatz and Karlplatz window shopping and people watching. there are some serious issues with german fashion. some of it is cute, but some of it is absolutely horrible. we had street food for a late lunch. I ate a bratwurst. it was interesting. I guess I'll eat one again, but it won't bother me if I don't.

We went back on the train to walk around the Englischer Gardens. it's the largest park in europe. we went to the lake park of the gardens and found a bunch of ducks and swans. Germany is so green. I mean, Munich is a big city, but they still have this giant park for people to walk around or ride bikes or play sports and music or layout. geez, America.

food:
bratwurst

No comments: