today was kind of a housekeeping day. we went shopping in town for groceries, got everything set up in our rooms, and met a bunch of people that will be working with us there. in our house, Christina, Autumn, and I live with a brazillian, this guy named Alex and Andy the grad student.
We also went to Weimar today and met the wife of the director of the Tautenburg Observatory. she is absolutely amazing and soooo fun! she walked us around the city and told us all of the historical stuff. the balcony where Hitler used to give speeches back in the day. the palace of the king and the fancy house of his mother...then we saw the library of Anna Amalia (yay), but it burned down in February (boo) 2 weeks before they were going to transfer all the books to the new library, so practically everthing was ruined. we had dinner at an AMAZING Italian restaurant. I still haven't gotten used to the days. the sun is up until about 8:30 and it's still light out until about 10pm.
....
so christina and I are minding our own business and working in our office. it's midnight. college students are awake at midnight. well this dude comes in and fusses at us in German. I think it was about the light coming from our office. and there is nothing we can do about it other than sitting in the dark, or going back to the house...alas.
new foods:
corn
german green beans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment