Sunday, June 12, 2005

arrival in Tautenburg

Today we had to leave Freising. a day on the autobahn. we drove 4 hours to see the Sababurg Castle-sleeping beauty castle and then stumbled upon the Rose Festival in a town-Hann. Muenden-down the mountain which was pretty cool. There is a fairy tale road and area by the castle with statues of different Grimm characters. we pretended to be princesses in the tower...yay!! at the festival they had a german band with singing and there were these drunk men singing and dancing along. it was basically like a street fair. we ate at a greek restaurant for dinner, then came another 2 and a half hours to old east germany to the Tautenburg Observatory. I'm in my office now (yay) but I don' like my computer. first, it's linux, so I'm pretty much lost on it anyway, and then all the keys on german keyboards are different, so it is pretty annoying. I kinda just want to launch it across the room actually.




new foods:
german pretzel
gluehwein (mulled wine)
gyro
zaziki
frettes
uoro

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Yay for Linux!

Here is the link for Gaim if you want to install it. Really straightforward too:
http://gaim.sourceforge.net/