Saturday, April 26, 2008

excuse me, but there IS cause for alarm

so I'm pretty sure I only slept for like 2 or 3 hours this morning...and I'm still not sure how that happened. we shutdown the telescope around 530 and my supercool self woke up at 930. it should add some extra deliri-oscity to tonight. so here was sunset:I just went out to try to take pictures of the stars on my spiffy new camera, but i couldn't take a long enough exposure. boo. and here are chris and I modeling for dr. keel's artsy streak:

omg so these grad students from Indiana came in from a different telescope to borrow a level since they were having trouble finding objects, but one of the kids looks EXACTLY like Dale from Greek.

in addition to operating the WIYN tonight, we are also remotely operating the SARA down the road, so that's added an extra twist to the evening. I'm still shortcutting my way through the data since we still haven't quite gotten the exact way to work yet.


time: 2:50 am
current soundtrack: jingle bells
currently tired of: being shocked by EVERYTHING, not sleeping, not seeing my friends


it's about 5 now and we're finishing up the last image so it's almost bedtime! sorry for the serious post...maybe i'll get my humor back once i get some sleep...

No comments: