Friday, May 13, 2005
The Plague
Today was a horrible day of bugs. I have now made the mental note not to go outside betwee noon and 2pm on the mountain in Arizona. The passing lane for the flying insects was apparently right by my ear and there were many suicide attempts into my face. We were also attacked by ladybugs, which isn't quite as serious, but still major excess. The most recent, however, is the spiders in the SARA room, where I work. This afternoon "Gimpy" arrived on the wall by the bookshelves. We named him Gimpy because he's missing a leg. To clarify, this is not a tiny spider or a grand-daddy long legs. It is like octopus spider size, so I don't want any grief about the issues between Gimpy and me. So, Autumn, Steve, Kiran, and Hartmann were all gone...and Christina founnd a flyswatter. That's when things got interesting. We decided that any hope of exterminating Gimpy would be when Autumn was not in the room...she has save all living things tendencies. Gimpy was currently hiding behind a piece of wood and in went the flyswatter, because it was a logical thing for astrophysicist students to do at 12:30. Gimpy ran and tried to retaliate which produced basically a screaming fest and running around the 10 by 12 foot SARA room avoiding computers, chairs, telescope equipment, and electrical wires. It was quite the fiasco....and just a second ago, and I'm sure he was sensing my hostility towards his kind, a mosquito eater appeared in the corner of my eye and tried to land on my head. And I get looked at with quizzical faces because of my quick reflexes of self defence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment